- This three-days highly interactive course is ideal for those seeking to develop their professional skills in planning, implementing and reporting effective audits in health and safety and provides an in-depth understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series ISO 45001:2018 model.
Duration – 3 Days
Date: January 28th-29th, 2019.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for obtaining certification to ISO 45001.
- Those who wish to register as an IRCA OH&S auditor (additional requirements also apply).
- Auditors who want to audit OH&S management systems and who need to show professional competence in this subject.
- Those new to auditing wishing to understand OH&S MS auditing.
- Senior managers involved in the outcome of OH&S audits.
Occupational health & safety management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check Act (PDCA) cycle
- The purpose and benefits of an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system
- A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety (OH&S) through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements
- A basic awareness of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- Commonly used OH&S terms and definitions as given in ISO 45001
- This knowledge can be gained in a number of ways;
Previous experience and existing knowledge
- Attending an IRCA ISO 45001 Foundation course – or equivalent
- Reading or self-study
Describe the purpose, scope & business benefits of OH&SMS
- Explain the elements of OH&S management.
- Provide an interpretation and understanding of ISO 45001 requirements.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, and report and follow up an OHSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and by interpreting ISO 45001.
- Provide knowledge to write nonconformity & audit reports